I don’t know a lot, but today I know this:
- A hug from a one year-old is way better than a double shot, no foam skinny latte.
- Missing a meeting to get that hug is worth it.
- Babysitting said one year-old all day deserves a gin and tonic tall that night, no questions asked.
- Making muscles is hard — making fat is easy. Kinda like some ridiculous yin-yang joke.
- If a woman accidentally makes a fart noise in a gym, no one pays attention because they assume it’s from one of the guys.
- A woman in a gym filled with sweaty guys is invisible — Yay!
- Flowers grow crooked in my yard.
- On the day it’s 113 degrees in Phoenix, your air conditioning — without fail — picks that day to quit.
- Poetry falls from a poet’s mind only when the poet isn’t looking.
- Same with fiction.
- Same with non-fiction.
- One dirty diaper cancels out the good aromas from a hot-from-the-oven tray of chocolate chip cookies.
- Flowers stand crooked in my vase, no matter how many times I ask them to stand straight.
- Every man, woman and whatever would be wise to vote for a democrat next time.
- Dogs don’t smell if you love them.
- Children grow up.
- Husbands are really good if they’re good before they become husbands.
- Most every day is amazing.
That’s all I know today. I’ll try to find more things to know tomorrow.