Like many, I have a busy mind. A very, VERY busy mind. Unfortunately, while this lovely mind of mine is zipping around telling me this grand thought and speaking of that profound notion … all I hear is the adult voice that also plagued Charlie Brown — Whaa whaa, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaaah.
I don’t hear, sit up straight, eat your vegetables, hey, let’s go walk that thirty minutes on the treadmill. I only hear, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaaah.
I don’t hear, write, write write. I only hear, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaaa.
But I have a number of good reasons for being deaf to my better angels. Truly. Thousands of good reasons. Here are only a few of my myriad excuses:
- It’s summer in Phoenix. No one is expected to actually DO anything in Phoenix during the summer.
- It’s winter in Phoenix. No one is expected to actually WORK when the weather is so beautiful.
- I clearly announced that my diet starts tomorrow.
- My feet hurt.
- My hair is too tight for my head.
- But I LOVE [fill in the blank].
- Are you gonna eat that?
- But my fingers are too puffy to type.
- I was just gonna get to that … honest … really.
Feel free to borrow any reason you’d like … or add your own to the list. Anything to quiet that noisy, insistent, rambling, incessant, really-it’s-good-for-you …
… Whaa whaa, Whaa whaa, Whaa whaaah.